Tonight I wana talk about Blessings, Sometimes the blessing is localized or initialized by a place, I believe it is adequate to Look at the life of Abraham, I’m sure there are others we can look at but for the sake of time, we need to examine how Abrahmas blessing came about.
12 Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto a land that I will shew thee: 2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: 3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed. 4 So Abram departed, as the Lord had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him: and Abram was seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran. 5 And Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother’s son, and all their substance that they had gathered, and the souls that they had gotten in Haran; and they went forth to go into the land of Canaan; and into the land of Canaan they came. 6 And Abram passed through the land unto the place of Sichem, unto the plain of Moreh. And the Canaanite was then in the land.7 And the Lord appeared unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I give this land: and there builded he an altar unto the Lord, who appeared unto him.8 And he removed from thence unto a mountain on the east of Bethel, and pitched his tent, having Bethel on the west, and Hai on the east: and there he builded an altar unto the Lord, and called upon the name of the Lord.
Covenmant established in the first 3 verses of chapter 12 and there are 3 subsequent covenants
American King James Version Isaiah 55:11
So shall my word be that goes forth out of my mouth: it shall not return to me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
- The blessing is always through a covenant, for new testament believers that covenant is Jesus Christ.
- Covenants can be beneficial and often curses.
- The enemy must be in covenant in order to have the legal right to oppress, steal, kill, destroy. (John 10:10)
What is more important than what I just mentioned Is sometimes the covenant is based on instructions and locations case in point
Genesis 12:1-3 is the first covenant spoken to Abraham
Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto a land that I will shew thee: 2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: 3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
Why was the covenant delayed?
- Abraham allowed the word of the Lord to be carried away by his father
- Sometimes when God speaks you need to keep it to yourself
- Abrahamâ€™s Father’s name Terra means Delay. Terra took Abraham to Harran, Harran seemed to be a settlement that Abrahamâ€™s brother Harran, it wasn’t until Terra died Abraham left Harran and proceeded to the Land of the blessings
Why did God tell Abrahm to leave his home and family, because they worship idol manufacturers and worshipers?
- This is why God told him to leave, the foundation of who he is as corrupt, and God wanted to establish a new foundation away from idolatry.
- God wanted to establish that fact that the God of all creation cannot be molded by the hands of humanity, He is not amorphous, but is covenantal and wants us to share in His blessings through His Son.
- The Blessings was established in a location and that Location for Abraham was Canaan.
What Blessings has been prophesied to you that is overdue and is Tarrying, what are the conditions that have not been met?
- Is it a lifestyle?
- Is it disobedience, has God given you instructions for example sowing a seed?
- Is there a demonic embargo against you?
- Has it been diverted or stolen?
5.Or is it the time has not come